Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Angel Wallhanging


This machine appliqued Christmas Angel Wallhanging looks down on the beautiful ceramic nativity set that my mother-in-law made.  The pattern for the wallhanging came from an old book, Collections Two, by Gerry Kimmel, Linda Brannock, and Jan Patek.  The white pitcher holds a chalkboard sign that says "Joy to the World."    


My Willow Tree nativity set sits on my piano.  The watercolors, by my aunt, are of the home and barn of my maternal grandparents.

Here's an easy and delicious candy recipe from my mother:

Pecan Bark
1 cup butter, no substitutes
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
24 graham cracker squares

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2.  Line a 10" x 15" cookie sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil.  Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
3.  Place graham crackers on the cookie sheet in one layer.  24 graham crackers should fit exactly.
4.  Sprinkle pecans evenly over the top of the graham crackers.  Set aside.
5.  Melt butter in a small saucepan.  Add brown sugar and stir until the mixture boils.  Boil for 1 minute.
6.  Pour the mixture evenly over the graham crackers and pecans.  Bake for 10 minutes.
7.  Remove from the oven, let cool, and then chill in the refrigerator.  Break the bark into pieces and serve.

My husband came upon this snow angel in the forest behind our home.
You might also enjoy my previous blog post:

4 comments:

  1. Grand motherhood is the greatest job in the world. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, Susan! I would have commented on your blog anyway and had forgotten about any drawing. I must have read your email 5 times to be sure you meant ME.

    That angel would be perfect in a Christmas quilt I have planned IF I still have the book. I think one I had picked out was a sweatshirt motif from Debbie Mumm but re--sized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that nativity scene is HOMEMADE? I'm completely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! You are going to be a wonderful grandma!

    Oh..love the angels too!

    Lisa in Georgia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!