Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Aprons

 
I made these six Christmas aprons to have on hand for whomever might be helping me with Christmas cooking and baking.  I found fun Christmas fabric at my local quilt store and made the pattern by tracing around an apron I already had.  I enjoyed mixing and matching the different fabrics to create six unique aprons.   


Here is another traditional Christmas cookie recipe from my mother.  Enjoy!

Christmas Sugar Balls
1 cup shortening
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon water
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts
Red and green sugar

1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2.  Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3.  Stir in water.  Add flour and mix just until combined.  Stir in nuts.
4.  Shape in one-inch balls and roll in red or green sugar.
5.  Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to touch.  Cool before removing from cooking sheet.

You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post:


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a fun set of fabrics too.
    -Kathy Aho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!! I'd love to come help in your kitchen, just to be able to wear one of those fun aprons!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to come and help! This made me laugh because there is no way I can get more than one person at a time into my kitchen. If the dog comes in while I am working, she has to back out before either of us can move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Susan! I am going to use some light weight upholstery fabric I was recently given to make a couple of similar type aprons for some quilting friends to wear while sewing. One was talking about making one for herself and has not had time yet..I am going to surprise her. You are giving me the kick I need to get them done.
    Lisa in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! These are so cute and simple! Is there a pattern to buy to make them? These would be cute for my guild to wear as we give out handmade stockings next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your aprons very cute.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Christmas tree fabric is wonderful. I like all the new colors people are using for Christmas these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is powdered sugar
    Red and green sugar
    Is shortening just butter

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!