Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mountain Peak Quilt Block


This Mountain Peak block is also known as Snowflake and Snow Block.  I found the pattern free on-line at: http://www.jinnybeyer.com/quilting-with-jinny/design-board/detail.cfm?blockid=82This block is set on point.  It is the 12th block of my Starwood Quilt, made to tell the story of my home and community.  I made this quilt as a block of the month with my quilting group, made up mostly of teachers. 

Colorado has more 14,000 foot mountain peaks (14'ers) than any other state.  There are 53 peaks that are ranked.  (My husband, the mountain climber, explains that "ranked" means the peak must rise at least 300 feet above the saddle that connects it to the nearest 14'er.)   

We are taking care of our ten-week-old grandpuppy while his parents are out of town.  It has been awhile since we've had a baby in the house.  Tablecloth corners are folded back up over the table to prevent an accident.  The stairs are blocked.  There is a squirrel (with an acorn that squeaks), an elephant, and a raccoon scattered around the house, along with dog bones and a ball.  Bowls for water and food are in the kitchen.  Both grandpa and grandpuppy are in the living room taking a nap.  Playing in the snow is tiring!






You might also enjoy reading my previous post:

6 comments:

  1. Love that block but love those puppy pictures even more. You managed to wear those pups out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!!! That is the cutest puppy ever!!!! I liked the quilt block...but the cute cute puppy kind of grabbed my attention...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the puppy might not need a tick tock clock after all - a toy and someone sleeping nearby seems to be the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the improvised blanket on grandpa's feet! Where is the quilt? LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!