Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Grandaddy's Garden Quilt Block












Why am I happy that I was born?

Just one reason (in season):

SWEET CORN!
                               by James Stevenson




Message

On the back porch this morning
Threads of yellow silk
Are scattered where the corn
Was husked at twilight -
Zig-zags, scribbles, loops, and swirls.
I'm not quite sure,
But I think they say,
What a party!
                    by James Stevenson

 




You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post here. 

6 comments:

  1. Love that block and the real garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet memories--the years pass too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute block & a garden few could live up to growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute garden quilt block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that garden! I wish that I had one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the days of bleached hair - the color of corn! Darling block - very intricate.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!