Sunday, October 20, 2013

Snow Churn Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday


Nothing but the Blood

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

- Robert Lowry (1826-1899) published in 1876

If you'd like to hear this hymn, check out Page CXVI's version here.



(Just so you know, it has snowed here already this fall but not so very much.  These are photos from a previous year!  And if you'd like to make the Snow Churn block, click here for the free pattern from Quilters Cache.)
 
You might also enjoy my previous blog post here.

2 comments:

  1. It is snowing here this evening as I comment on your blog post. Beautiful hymn and beautiful quilt block. You know how much I enjoy your Sunday posts in particular. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first glimpse of this season's snow was on top of Mt. Fuji. A long way to go to make snow angels

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!