Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January Redwork Snowman Quilt Block, Tea Time, Banana Bread, and a Cow Creamer

January Redwork Snowman

It's a cold January afternoon - perfect for a cup of tea and a slice of banana nut bread!  Join me!  Here's the recipe that I got from my mother:

Banana Nut Bread
1-1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup oil
4 eggs
6 tablespoons milk, soured by adding 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar to it
2 cups mashed bananas
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts

1.  Mix together the sugar, oil, and eggs.
2.  Stir in the soured milk and mashed bananas.
3.  Add the baking powder, soda, and salt and mix well.  Next, add the flour a cup at a time, stirring well. 
4.  Blend in chopped nuts.
5.  Pour into two well-greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans. 
6.  Let stand while you heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
7.  Remove from pans and let rest on a cooling rack.
 
 
This is some of my Polish pottery.  I love the cow creamer as well as the mug's shape.  The snack tray is perfect for tea. 
 
 

My tea is from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and was a gift from a son and daughter-in-law.  This Winter Dream Tea is a rooibos and black tea with licorice root, cinnamon, and cloves.  Delicious and perfect for January!  Did you know that January is Hot Tea Month?  During this month, you're encouraged to try new and different types of tea. 









Outside, it's snowy, but inside it's cozy and perfect for tea time!

 
What's your favorite type of tea?  Mine is Earl Gray, but I'm having fun trying other types as well. 
 
I'm linking up with the following posts:
Tea Cup Tuesday - http://www.marthasfavorites.com/ 
Tea Time Tuesday - http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea -
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Windblown Square Quilt Block and the January Wind.

13 comments:

  1. Your Polish pottery tea set is sweet, and I like the shape of your mug too. I'm definitely a fan of Earl Grey but like flavoured rooibos blends as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get into rooibos but I know many who do like it. I like a loose tea called Celebration! It's an organic white tea, safflower, champagne flavor and raspberry tea. :) I love your redwork. There is something about redwork that is just fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it is cozy and warm inside. That is a nice recipe and lovely blue and white items you have shared with your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you joined Tea Cup Tuesday. Love your blue pottery set, very cute. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. When guests visit in Japan, they often bring a gift of tea. I must have one of every kind of tea ever made (except that one you describe) I can chain-drink coffee all day and fall asleep on the floor of Grand Central Station, but a cup or two of tea ... I can walk up the wall, across the ceiling, and down the other wall! I will go herbal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cow creamer and the mug is a wonderful shape! I enjoy Earl Grey but I do tend to drink a lot of chai tea. I love spice. Thank you for joining me for tea and enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday! I am glad to get the opportunity to visit your blog. I love quilting, if only looking at it! lol! I have done some myself, but only a little. I love your redwork snow man! I adore redwork! The idea of reading a book and then creating a quilt square is fab! I am just now reading The Invention of Wings, and in it one character creates a Story Quilt. I am really taken with it. Your banana bread looks delicious, and pretty with all your blue and white adorable Polish potter!
    hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cow creamer! My favorite tea is one called Jasmine Orange. Hard to find. I did the snowman bom last year with you and mine is finished. Just has to be quilted. Haven't decided how I want to quilt it yet.
    The banana bread recipe is a "must do"! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cow creamer is adorable! My favorite tea is Twinning English Breakfast in decaf. Unfotunately, my Southern heritage shows in my tea drinking...I always say I like hot sugar water with a little tea in it! lol Banana bread is a staple for afternoon snack at my house. It's one of the recipes that translates to gluten-free very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, Twinnings, not Twinning. I hate when you see the typo just after you hit publish...but I guess that's better than not seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep warm and what beautiful redwork! I'm more of a coffee drinker but I do like Green Tea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, your lovely and banana bread reminds me of visiting quilting friends in England with 4 of my US quilt buddies this past August! We would have Earl Grey every afternoon, with cakes and breads that they made and we would enjoy this repast in their gardens! So perfect! At home, I make my own chai tea lattes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pottery and the sweet January snowman! I adore redwork and have a Winter redwork quilt on my bed I made 5 or 6 years ago on my bed right now. Warm tea and banana bread, YUM! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!